Skip to Content
- Post lecture notes/outlines on the web.
- Provide a detailed syllabus prior to the first class.
- Repeat crucial concepts several times in lectures.
- Allow the use of a dictionary, computer spell check, or calculator on exams.
- Read aloud material written on overhead or chalkboard.
- Offer students extra credit to share copies of their notes with other students.
- Offer an alternative space or quiet room to take exams, when possible.
- Allow flexibility on assignment deadlines.
- Design tests to take 60% of the class period so time is less of a factor.
- Provide an outline of each lecture with space between sections for notes.
- Allow students with test anxiety to start exams before the rest of the class.
- Use visual aids, discussion, and hands-on examples wherever possible in lectures.
- Provide multiple ways for students to demonstrate knowledge, such as oral response, demonstrations, portfolios or group work.
Other Teaching Resources