Accommodation Letter Request Process
Students who have officially registered with the Office of Disability Services (ODS) and who need academic accommodations or auxiliary aids should request their accommodation letters each semester. To request their accommodation letter, students will need to complete the following process:
- Log into the Accessible Information Management (AIM) database using your TXST NetID and password.
- When you log into the database for the first time, you will be required to electronically sign some agreements. All students will be asked to acknowledge the “Disclosure of Student Information” and “Rights and Responsibilities” agreements. Other agreements are policies or procedures specific to students’ accommodation needs. In most cases, students will only have to acknowledge the agreements once; however, students may have to acknowledge certain agreements each semester.
- On the left side of the webpage under “My Accommodations,” select “List Accommodations.”
- From “Select Accommodations for Your Classes", review the Important Note and proceed to "Step 1: Select Class(es)."
- Select the corresponding checkbox for each of the courses that you are requesting accommodations for at this time.
- Select "Step 2 - Continue to Customize Your Accommodations."
- Review each of your indicated courses and “Select Accommodation(s) for [course]” by checking the corresponding box next to the accommodations you are requesting. Please ensure that you review and select accommodations for each course.
Please note the following:
Approved accommodations were determined during your Accommodation Review Meeting when you first registered with the ODS.
You will only be able to select the academic accommodations that your instructors need to be aware of. Accommodations related to housing, dining, and/or registration will not be present, but you may still access them if approved.
The Alternative Testing option will contain all of your approved testing accommodations (e.g., extra time, reduced distraction environment, etc.).
- Select “Submit Your Accommodation Requests.” The ODS will email your accommodation letters to your instructors, and you will receive a copy of the email.
- The ODS recommends that you communicate with each of your instructors for courses in which accommodations have been requested. It is important for you to discuss your individual needs with your instructors so they may be able to best meet your needs.
Please Note: You can modify your accommodation request at any time during the semester; however, accommodations are not retroactive. Please contact the ODS if you have any questions.