Skip to Content

Disability Documentation

Common Disabilities Served by Office of Disability Services

In order to qualify for accommodations at Texas State, a student must provide documentation of disability to the Office of Disability Services (ODS) prior to, or at the time services are requested. Services are provided for students from a variety of disability backgrounds including, but not limited to the following:

What if I Suspect I Have a Disability?

ODS does not screen students for indicators of a learning or other disability.  It is the student's responsibility to get diagnosed or documentation for a disability from a certified professional (e.g., psychologist, psychiatrist or physician) in order for ODS to establish the student's need for appropriate accommodations. We have a list of local, certified professionals in the San Antonio, San Marcos, and Austin areas. The Office of Disability Services does not endorse any of the certified professionals on this list.

What if I Have a Temporary Disability?

The ODS and university offers services for a student with a temporary disability.  Examples of temporary disabilities addressed by these services include, but are not limited to, broken arms, broken legs, hand injuries, torn ligaments, etc.