Welcome and Introduction
The Office of Disability Services (ODS) at Texas State University assists students with disabilities with achieving their educational goals and enhancing their leadership development.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) and university policy and procedure, all members of the university community are responsible for ensuring that students are not discriminated against because of a disability. To accomplish this goal, reasonable and appropriate accommodations may be necessary for physical and/or programmatic access. The ODS, in conjunction with university departments and offices, will facilitate necessary accommodations for qualified students with disabilities in the most appropriate integrated setting.
The ODS provides services for enrolled students with disabilities who meet the criteria outlined in the applicable ODS disability guidelines. Specialized support services are based on the individual student's disability-based need, and are provided free of charge for qualified students with documented disabilities.
In addition to serving students with disabilities at Texas State in San Marcos, we are also committed to meeting the needs of students with disabilities enrolled online and at the Texas State University Round Rock Campus (RRC). Services for students enrolled at the RRC are coordinated by the Texas State General Disability Specialist (Round Rock) in the One-Stop Center.
This handbook provides information regarding ODS policies and procedures. The ODS procedures and university policies are subject to periodic updates. Please contact us if you have questions or need assistance. We are available and willing to help!
- Mission | Vision
- Law and Policy
- Eligibility for Accommodations and Services
- Register with ODS
- Student Information and Records
- Disability Documentation
- Review of Approved Accommodations
- Academic Accommodations and Services
- Assistive Equipment and Technology
- Special Groups Registration of Classes
- Alternative Text
- Note Taking Assistance and Tape Recording
- Physical Classroom Accommodations
- Testing Accommodations
- Accessible Parking
- Accommodations in Campus Residence Halls and University-Owned Apartments
- Alkek Library
- Course Considerations
- Fire and Emergency Evacuation
- Student Concerns
- Liaison and Advocacy
- Personal Care Attendants
- Service Animals
- Academic Support
- Distance Learning (Online Courses, Correspondence Study, or Study Abroad) Services
- Evaluation of ODS Services