How to Register with ODS
- Fill out the Confidential Student Information Form. Registration for services with ODS require this form.
- After you submit your Confidential Information Form and it is received by our office, you will receive an email with a link to a secure file transfer system. This link ensures that your information makes it to our office safely. You may also choose to bring any available documentation of the student's disability to our office in person, send it by fax at 512.245.3452, or in the mail.
- The ODS will review the need for accommodations and support services based on the student's disability documentation and disability-based need.*
- The ODS will notify the student to set up an appointment via email after determining appropriate accommodations in accordance with Section 504 of the 1973 Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008 and university policy.
- The student can call the ODS at 512.245.3451 or come in person to LBJ 5-5.1 to schedule an appointment to meet with an ODS specialist.
- On the day of your appointment, please arrive 5 to 10 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment at ODS in LBJ 5-5.1.
- After meeting with an ODS specialist, the student can sign up for Special Group's Registration and request their Accommodation Letter here in our office. The Accommodation Letter will be ready within 72 hours. It is the student's responsibility to sign up for Special Group's Registration.
*According to UPPS No. 07.11.01, under Procedures for Providing Accommodations to Students on the Basis of a Disability, the ODS has up to 30 business days of receipt of the documentation to decide appropriate accommodations.