Cats on the Go/Temporary Disability
Cats on the Go is an Office of Disability Services program that offers students with temporary disabilities that impair mobility, transportation between locations, or classes on campus. The program is free and only offered at the main campus. Cats on the Go only provides transportation to locations that the Bobcat Tram (free shuttle) does not serve. The cart service operates between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday (excluding University holidays) during the spring and fall semesters.
To qualify for cart service:
- You should go online and fill out the Confidential Student Information form, before going by the Office of Disability Services, LBJ Student Center 5-5.1 with your completed application, healthcare provider referral and liability waiver.The forms are below this paragraph.
- The physician referral includes the following:
- The nature of the disability or your specific need for the cart service.
- Any specific conditions/ requirements you may need
- The length of time you will require service.
- Authorization/ approval to be transported in a golf cart.
- Submit the completed forms and a printed class schedule to the Office of Disability Services, LBJ Student Center 5-5.1.
- Once the forms are completed, the Office of Disability Services will contact you to meet with an ODS Specialist.
- If approved, Cats on the Go will contact you and verify an approved schedule.
Completed application and forms must be received by Office of Disability Services before cart service can begin.
Please understand that Cats on the Go does not operate during inclement weather.